Lymphatic Drainage and Activation aid the proper functioning of the body’s lymphatic system; a vast network of lymph vessels and lymph nodes throughout the body. This system is critical in our ability to drain stagnant fluid, detoxify and filter out toxins, regenerate and heal damaged tissues and maintain a healthy immune system. The lymph system is an essential component of the body’s waste removal systems.
Lymphatic Drainage is a therapy that focuses on the flow of lymph through vessels and lymph nodes. Practitioners use gentle massage strokes to palpate and define areas of restricted lymph flow and encourage proper lymphatic system function by manual manipulation of tissues involved.
Lymphatic Activation Therapy also focus on the body’s ability to freely move lymph but has a deeper focus than traditional Lymphatic Drainage. Lymph activation concentrates on specific organs in the body, namely the liver, kidneys and pancreas, as well as areas of the body where stagnation or blockages have begun to create dysfunction of surrounding tissues or processes.
The benefits of these therapies include:
- Reducing edema and inflammation
- Reducing the effects and appearance of acne and eczema
- Allergy relief
- Stimulates the proper functioning of the immune system
- Aids in healing and regenerating damaged tissues in the body
- Compliments and aids in detoxification
- Aids in the relief of insomnia, depression and stress
- Improves mental clarity
- Improves the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Can reduce the appearance of adipose tissues and cellulite